Direct and coordinate all activities for all concrete phases of construction projects including coordinating and managing job site team, material and equipment; and ensuring that specifications are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule, within budget, and with the highest level of quality. Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a project schedule.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of purchase orders and subcontracts for concrete materials and labor; this includes concrete, rebar, stud rails, post-tensioning, formwork, tower and mobile cranes, and any other miscellaneous concrete materials. Participate in negotiations related to these items as necessary.
- Coordinate all aspects of concrete construction with senior management and the client including submitting and coordinating all project schedules, change orders, submittals and approvals, and RFIs.
- Represent company in project meetings, meetings with governmental authorities having jurisdiction over the project, and other meetings necessary for project completion.
- Ensure that forming systems are coordinated with the engineer of record and are fully engineered and safe.
- Coordinate concrete work with other trades and testing agencies on site.
- Assist in coordination and management of the MEP trades to ensure adherence to the structural parameters of the project and avoid interference with concrete operations.
- Work with superintendents, foremen, and safety managers to ensure a safe work environment and a high-quality product.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- BS in engineering, construction management or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience/knowledge of construction management required.
- The ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on vital project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.).
- Must be business savvy.
- Possess a valid driver license.