Uses CAD equipment to provide support to team by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture. Makes copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to database. Makes simple decisions but refers most questions/problems to supervisor. Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with structural steel. Possesses mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Has familiarity with CAD/CAM equipment and relationship of CAD to CAM.
1. Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop designs.
2. Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
3. Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
4. Sketches rough layout and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
5. Utilizes knowledge of various machines, construction practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
6. Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of buildings and structures.
7. Draws finished designs from sketches.
8. Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
9. Communicates with team regarding new and revised prints.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Communications Proficiency.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Collaboration Skills. 5. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.