Position summary: Evaluate bid specifications and drawings, ensure that all required data necessary to successfully bid a project, including data regarding materials, labor, subcontractors, and more, has been collected and properly assembled. Follow up with subcontractors, vendors, etc. to ensure timely receipt of information. Formulate and submit for senior management approvals bids that have a high likelihood of winning projects, while simultaneously optimizing company’s earnings potential.
- Maintain orderly schedules, files and records of all bid requests and drawings.
- Create specifications records for standards and options for each project.
- Review bid requirements thoroughly and ask pertinent questions of appropriate parties.
- Possess a thorough understanding of scope for specific trades assigned.
- Create bid lists to ensure that we are aligning the right subs with every project, and building long term relationships.
- Solicit and qualify vendors and subcontractors. Maintain effective communication with each.
- Contact supply houses to obtain additional subcontractor bids, when appropriate.
- Display resourcefulness to gain better pricing from vendors and subcontractors.
- Interact professionally with architects and engineers.
- Identify permits and accompanying costs required for each project.
- Devise project bids.
- Double check all deliverables before sharing them externally.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure all deadlines are met and that all bids present us with the best chance of winning, including arriving early, staying late or performing task not specified in this job description.
- Submit 100% of bids on time, and without error.
- A four-year bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction management.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid math skills.
- Display a sense of pride of ownership in all work.
- Deadline driven.
- A valid driver's license.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.