Position summary: Plan, direct, coordinate, and/or budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation.
- Schedule the project in logical steps, budget time required to meet deadlines and maintain strict adherence to budgetary guidelines and timelines
- Determine labor requirements, participate in the selection of project participants and dispatch workers to construction sites
- Identify the elements of project design that may be likely to give rise to disputes and claims
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Accountable for project accounting and control. Manage costs of time and materials.
- Provide scheduled progress reports to senior management
- Provide technical direction to on-site employees and subcontractors
- Professionally motivate employees and subcontractors to achieve the level of overall performance required to meet company objectives.
- Implement effective means of communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various project participants
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Effectively train labor personnel to meet company standards.
- Ensure full compliance with quality standards, follow established safety rules and regulations, and maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Inspect and count all deliveries
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- A four-year bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction management.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in construction projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of construction legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing