- Location: South Jordan, UT (Local candidates preferred; no relocation reimbursement)
- Rate will depend on experience level
- Terms: 6 month contract; possible conversion to Teradata full time employee at that time.
- Citizenship: US Citizen or Greencard holder
This position is for a developer who will be specializing in Big Data (Hadoop/MapReduce) projects aligned to Americas PS (Professional Services) organization supporting Americas’ clients and prospects. Development of Hadoop/MapReduce applications will be a key competency for this position. Training will be provided for candidates with the requisite skills.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of Big Data concepts and specifically, development of MapReduce parallel processing applications. The candidate will function in a customer environment and must possess the skills and ability to communicate with various levels of management and technical staff.
- Programming experience with MapReduce/HDFS/Pid/Hive/Hbase is desirable.
1 + years of experience in one or more of the following EAI concept tools:
- Messaging protocols such as TIBCO or MQ-Series.
- ETL tools: Informatica, DataStage, Attunity, AbInitio, Teradata Utilities.
- TCP/IP Sockets based protocols and network programming.
Experience in one or more of the following Service Architecture Tools is preferred:
- J2EE, .net (networking, physical design, performance, programming).
- Application Servers: JBOSS, Weblogic, Websphere.
- Web Servers: Apache, Tomcat.
1 + years of applications development and architecture utilizing the following:
- Java, C, C++, C#, Perl, PHP, Python, UNIX shell, SQL, HTML, etc.
- Requirements based methodologies.
1 + years of experience in one or more of the following operating systems and databases:
- Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX, UNIX and MVS (two or more required).
- Data Bases: Teradata, DB2, PostGreSQL, MySQL, Oracle (one or more required).
Bachelor degree (minimum requirement) in one of the following:
- Computer Science.
Travel to Americas region (US, Canada & C&LA) & within local country, for client and internal meetings and the ADC Centers outside the local country.
Big Data/Hadoop implementation.
- Excellent verbal written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior consulting experience in the above areas preferred.
- Exposure of development experience in On-Site/Off-Shore engagement model.
- Flexibility in terms of location and work timings.