DataSoft Technologies is a highly recognized provider of professional IT Consulting services in the US. Founded in 1994, DataSoft provides staff augmentation services for Information Technology and works with end Clients and implementation Partners only.
Currently we are looking for a Mobility Software Engineer III for a long-term contract opportunity.
Role: Mobility Software Engineer III
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Develops leading edge technologies and know-how from Industry, partner companies, local universities and internal partners into automotive concepts, then into CLIENT project development and Integration processes. Identifies emerging technologies in order to build software and/or hardware prototypes and production ready solutions. Areas of focus include but not limited to Vehicle IT, Mobility, Social Networks, web and other enabling technologies.
• Designs and develops native applications on Mobile platforms.
• Defines and documents the design of functionality through use cases, business process flows, UI design, and UML modeling as necessary.
• Works on several development initiatives concurrently and provide subject matter expertise on customer implementations and product customization.
• Works with other developers to develop functionality following existing style and coding standards.
• Reviews designs, demo prototypes and provides application support.
• Defines the visualization and realization of future technologies, which will support the complete process from development of concepts and vision to full production ready solutions, which can be integrated rapidly into the automotive environment.
• Serves as a primary point of contact for other engineers and specialists in the team to provide expert knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
• Serves as internal consultant to other developers and engineers as needed, providing assistance in all phases of product life-cycle development.
• Maintains accurate, meaningful and updated technical and non-technical documentation pertaining to all aspects of area(s) of responsibility.
• Analyzes business critical processes, evaluates and recommends improvements.
• Measures performance of delivered services through set of agreed metrics. Manages appropriate action to make corrections so that all services agreements are met.
Education / Qualifications
BA/BS Degree in Business, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred or the equivalent of 4 years professional IT related experience. MS degree (preferred).
5+ years of technical experience in Information Technology to include 3+ years of experience in mobile technologies, web, vehicle IT with demonstrated strengths in software and hardware design, development, Integration and testing. Candidates need to provide example of code/apps/personal or professional work on resume.
• Developing enterprise or client facing mobile applications.
• Mobile device management, application deployment and support.
• Hands on development experience with XML GUI styling (for Android)
• Experience with Eclipse or Xcode development environment.
• Implementation experience of software design patterns and best practices applicable to mobile development.
• Understanding of mobile platforms, device manufacturers, mobile browsers, and device management.
• Ability to support Android fragmentation and Android 2.2+, iOS, and HTML5.
• Expert knowledge in all aspect of Web Design and development.
• Expert knowledge of all web technologies including HTML5, JScript, Webservices, JSON, REST, etc.
• Web Design
• Visual C++
• C++ Language