Job Title : GIS System Analyst / GIS Business Analyst
Location : Washington, DC
Job Type : Full Time
Working in a creative and fast-paced environment, the System Analyst III - GIS will develop, manage, and execute all phases of requirements gathering, including analysis of business processes that can be supported/enhanced through geospatial analysis, requirements and design documentation, and collaborating with both the business customers and IT development team. Among others, your responsibilities will include the following:
● Developing and maintaining a thorough knowledge of business processes supported by geospatial software systems/products
● Supporting the development/implementation of mapping, reporting and geo-analytics products that enable geospatial editing, analysis and visualization
● Documenting business and system requirements and business processes that can be supported/enhanced through geospatial analysis
● Developing geospatial software release documentation (release notes, user manuals, training guides)
● Analyzing and documenting “as-is” and “to-be” scenarios (geospatial processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions)
● Communicating effectively with business customers and IT development to provide creative and valuable solutions leveraging geospatial technology
● Leading requirements reviews, design reviews, and change control activities
● Defining and implementing standards, methods and procedures for requirements gathering
● Interacting with QA to support the development of test cases
● Working as part of the Agile Development Team; Effectively participating in agile development planning and agile ceremony meetings
● Mentoring and coaching junior GIS business systems analysts
● Other duties, as assigned.
The successful candidate will excel at operating in a diverse and fluid environment, and will be crucial for system analysis in order to push forward and complete the goals of the IT PMO team.
● You are passionate about our mission to help Americans gain access to essential communications technology
● You are a problem solver with great attention to detail, can work with little supervision, multi-task, and learn quickly
● You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in high-pressure situations
● You have gained 7 to 9 years of experience performing similar duties to those outlined above
● You have demonstrated 7 to 9 years of experience with increasingly complex system analysis projects, and various requirements gathering techniques and methodologies (UML/ Use cases, Activity diagrams, JAD sessions, BPMN, Mockups and wireframes)
● You have 5 to 7 years of hands on experience with implementing, using and supporting geospatial software packages and related data management tools (e.g., ArcGIS, QGIS, CartoDB, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
● You have 5 to 7 years of hands on experience with integrating external business systems with geospatial software packages
● You have 2 to 3 years of experience with developing user stories based on business and system requirements, and defining and elaborating user stories with validation and acceptance criteria
● You have 2 to 3 years of experience with Scrum and/or other Agile Development frameworks
● You possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field or have equivalent related experience
The following skills are desired:
● Experience with automated requirements engineering
● RDBMS experience (MS SQL Server and/or Oracle) and ability to write SQL queries.
● Experience with Project Management Software
● Experience with Software Development
● Experience in geospatial data development, data analysis, and geospatial system implementation"