Thorough, Detail oriented, Organized, Ability to Work independently, mobile
Public record research firm of 25 years based in St. Louis is looking for a full time employee title abstractor and record retriever for the Southern Illinois area. The firm's clientele include title companies, law firms, information brokers and mortgage service companies throughout the country.
This Abstractor would work out of our newly opened Belleville office and would have the primary responsibilities of conducting onsite and remote title searches, document retrievals, lien and judgment searches, and other public record retrieving tasks varying in complexity in the various courts and public record offices in southern Illinois. This will frequently be a MOBILE POSITION with orders originating out of surrounding counties including but not limited to St. Clair, Madison, Monroe, Bond, Randolph, Washington, Clinton, Perry and Montgomery. Company vehicles are available for employee use or mileage reimbursement is provided. Remote/Work from Home abstracting once training is complete is an occasional possibility but is a company option. Other responsibilities would include some online searching, data entry, and submitting reports based on the search results, scanning, uploading, fax/e-mail transmitting, invoicing and otherwise completing the order transactions.
HOURS: 40 hours/ week Overtime available
Some Saturdays/Weekends required
Health benefits package
Mileage reimbursement/company vehicle use
Merit increase after 6 months
Life Insurance option
Advancing opportunities available.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Prior title/ abstracting/mortgage experience recommended/preferred
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Superior time management and organizational skills
* Detail oriented, efficient and thorough researching ability
* Excellent computer skills and functionality
* Strong communication and work ethic
* Familiarity with communication devices, smart phones, etc.
* Clean driving record and valid driver's license
We are an equal opportunity employer and a full background search will be conducted upon application submittal and consideration.