Sr. Network Engineer
Location - SFO, CA or Pleasanton, CA
Duration - Full Time
• Provides technical thought leadership both within the network organization as well as outside of his/her domain
• Works closely with other network engineers, review, execute technical designs and provide technical direction.
• Evaluate, define and develop new and existing reference standards and their adoption, to successfully on-board services with speed, quality and efficiency.
• Provide key input around defining and delivering overall network strategy and transformation aligned with key business initiatives.
• Informed and involved in the Software-Defined-Network disruption with relevancy in Data Center to deliver a Global Infrastructure strategic roadmap.
• Provide 3rd level support to the Network Operations Group for monitoring and troubleshooting of these networks.
• BS in CS, EE, IT, or 10+ years related network technology experience preferably across a variety of industries, including retail.
• Advanced knowledge in Enterprise architecture, infrastructure deployments and solutions design
• Strong hands-on experience and knowledge on with L4 services specifically within a Global Data Center architecture, Load Balancers and operational experience across multiple Network and Security vendors
• Strong hands-on experience in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls(Juniper and Palo Alto), routers, switches, and load balancers
• Must have design, implementation and operational experience with; Enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches (Juniper MX and Cisco Nexus preferred).
• Extensive hand experience in BGP, OSPF, and MPLS (traffic engineering implementation) and other routing protocols. (VPLS)
• Deep knowledge of the SDN space, specifically within WAN, Branch, Data Center and Orchestration.
• Exceptional command of datacenter technologies, including Cisco UCS, VMware and storage solutions
• Working experience with High availability Data Center design experience and big data models.
• Experience and understanding in capacity sharing in a compute environment. Understanding of Database architectures and designs