Software Engineer – EDW
Location - SFO, CA
Duration - Full Time
• Responsible for EDW data warehouse application design, data quality, development and testing/deployment strategy.
• Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting processing issues impacting timely availability of data in the data warehouse or delivery of critical reporting within established SLAs.
• Identifies and recommends improvements in production application solutions or operational processes in support of data warehouse applications and business intelligence reporting (ie, data quality, performance, static and dynamic reports, etc.)
• Provides administrative technical support for EDW Applications; assists with documentation and training. Provides expertise (SME) and guidance to other resources in data integration engineering, including 3rd party vendor resources as appropriate.
• Focuses on design data integration with overall stability and availability of the Enterprise Data Warehouse,
• Researches, manages and coordinates resolution of complex issues through root cause analysis as appropriate
• Establishes and maintains productive relationships with technical leads of key operational sources systems providing data to EDW / BI /BigData
• Establishes and maintains productive relationships with Architects, Data Analyst, Product management, Operation and infrastructure support areas, such as DBAs and system admins
• Ensure adherence to established development lifecycle, change management and other internal IT processes
• Conform to Gap’s established standards
• Responsible for communication related to any day to day issues and problem resolutions in EDW applications. Communication may include direct department management as well downstream application contacts and business partners.
• Ensures comprehensive knowledge transition from development teams on new or modified applications moving to ongoing production support
• Seeks improvement opportunities in design, solution implementation approaches in partnership with Architects and Operations team for ensuring the performance and health of the EDW, BigData and BI Applications (SAS or other Analytical application)
• Ensures timely and accurate escalation of issues to management
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology
• Proven experience working with an off shore support team
• Previous experience working in a high paced, high pressure agile development environment
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills for assessment of complex requirement, production support issues and recommend / implement effective solutions
• Previous experience in using IT Ticketing processes for managing incidents and issue resolution and conversant with established Change control / Change management standards
• Natural technical and functional curiosity
• Excellent communication skills
• 3-5 years of technical experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environments
• 3-5 years of experience in developing and supporting ETL using Teradata SQL, BTEQ, Fastload/Multiload, Datastage or any ETL tool.
• Experience with any job scheduling tool – CAWA is preferred.
• Advanced experience with BigData is a plus.
• Possess a strong technology, data, and data warehouse application design background
• Experience with various databases, Oracle and Hadoop preferred.
Extensive experience with production batch scheduling and monitoring.