Data Modelling, Informatica power center, ETL, Tableau, BI skills
DW/ ETL Solution Architect/ Data Modeler - Overview:
The DW Solution Architect/ Data Modeler will work closely with BSA, design and develop logical and physical Data Model, design and develop ETL process. Work closely with the customer to provide best in class Enterprise Reporting Solution that will provide actionable insights into customer Sales and Telematics data. This is a client facing role and as DW solution architect represent vendor at customer place and ensure quality deliverables from the vendor for the customer. Work in Onsite-Offshore delivery model.
- Work closely with on-site BSA, understand the Enterprise reporting requirement. Work closely with client IT team, understand existing EDW architecture, Data Model, ETL processes
- Design and develop physical and logical data model for new sources and integrate with existing Data Model
- Design ETL process in Informatica technologies, including audit and error handling.
- Manage team of offshore ETL Informatica developers and ensure new ETL development is as per new requirements and design.
- Unit testing of ETL code and documentation of unit test results for customer approval
- Develop ETL System test cases, work with offshore QA resources to support data validation and test activities
- Effective communication of design and development activities with the customer.
- 12+ years’ experience in Information technology preferably in EDW/ BI Technologies
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing and developing large-scale data warehouse solutions
- At least 3+ years Enterprise Data warehouse Data Modelling experience. Fluent in using ERWIN data modelling tool.
- Expert level working knowledge of ETL Design and process development using Informatica power center
- Excellent experience developing SQL queries for data validation and analysis
- Experience Preparing System test case documents in Data warehouse projects and support entire test cycle.
- Experience preparing Design Documents
- Prior experience working in Onsite-Offshore delivery Model
- BS/BA degree in information systems or computer science equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in MicroStrategy, Tableau BI technologies
- Experience working Automobile business domain
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others