We are looking dynamic candidates with very good communication skills.
• 0-5 years in Mongo Database Administrator Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Should be open to relocate anywhere in the United States.
Desired but not mandatory
• Extensive experience in deploying, managing and developing MongoDB clusters. Creation, configuration and monitoring Shards sets.
• Analysis of the data to be shared, choosing a shard Key to distribute data evenly.
• Architecture and Capacity planning for MongoDB/ Cassandra clusters. Implementing on-premise MMS monitoring and backup solution.
• Used MongoDB third party tools (ROBO MONGO, MONGOOWL, MONGOVUE) and mongo-built in binaries to monitor and analyze the performance of MONGODB.
• Installation of MongoDB on physical machines, Virtual machines as well as AWS. Backup & Recovery, Database optimization and Security maintenance.
• Worked on MongoDB database concepts such as locking, transactions, indexes, Sharding, replication, schema design.
• Experience in managing MongoDB environment from availability, performance and scalability perspectives.
• Configuring high availability using geographical MongoDB replica sets across multiple data centers.
• Migrated Mongo database systems from No-SSL authentication to SSL authentication using certificates.
• Migrated Mongo database from MMAPV1 storage engine to WiredTiger storage engine.
• Managing Mongo databases using MMS monitoring tool.
• Performance tuning and stress-testing of NoSQL database environments in order to ensure acceptable database performance in production mode.
• Testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of different NoSQL database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios.
• Upgraded Mongo systems to 2.2.3 and soon 2.4. Also involved with creating shards, replica sets, monitoring, and projections for Mongo Systems.
• Developed Ruby/Python scripts to monitor health of Mongo databases and perform ad-hoc backups using Mongodump and Mongorestore.
• Worked with capped collections to wipe out aged data based on requirements.
• Administered multiple environments (up to 25TB), automating backups and checks, restore, validation/integrity checks, growth modeling and predictions, and system expansion; assisted with upgrade efforts with MongoDB
• Worked on creating various types of indexes on different collections to get good performance in Mongo database.
• Familiar with MongoDB write concern to avoid loss of data during system failures.
• Implemented read preferences in MongoDB replica set.
• Configured delayed secondaries to avoid human failures in coding and development.
• Strong experience in analyzing chunk migrations, splitting and balancing across the cluster.
• Skilled in troubleshooting with good organizational and interpersonal skills.
Even if you are not qualified, send me your resume. I will sure look into it.