ONLY US CITIZENS AND GREEN CARD HOLDERS NEED APPLY!!!!!!!!!
The client is looking to bring on board a talented SQL Server Database Administrator looking to push our company into the future of database design. This is a critical role where you can make a major impact on our database development, both within the company and with our customers. A few of the things this DBA will work on (alongside our members on the DBA team):
- Manage the daily operation of enterprise-class Microsoft SQL Server platforms to provide reliable, highly-available and secure data services to the business.
- Monitor and report on resource utilization, including such items as CPU, memory, and disk utilization.
- Plan and implement recommended maintenance as required. Apply and promote patches to platforms.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new SQL Server Database platforms. Install and configure SQL Server Instance and databases.
- Familiar with features like Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring and TSQL writing skills.
- Work with development teams to identify and implement new database objects including tables, indexes, views, triggers and store procedures. Ensure implementation meets application development team requirements.
- Deploy objects to production and non-production environments. Troubleshoot issues related to the database platform. Create support tickets and work with Microsoft as needed.
- Perform tuning and troubleshooting activities. Review and tune SQL code. Identify, recommend, and implement performance improvements.
- Work with Security and Compliance teams to ensure appropriate security and access controls are in place.
- Manage and maintain backup and recovery procedures. Provide recommendations and implementation of solutions for disaster recovery of database environments.
- Maintain documentation related to infrastructure and architecture of database systems. Produce project-related documentation and provide estimates to the Project Lead or Manager for work to be completed.
- Become familiar with IT operations and make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience administering and supporting a production Microsoft SQL Server environment is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with Windows based operating system is required. Experience with Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring and TSQL is required.
- Working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools is required.