•Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education
• At least 4 years of experience in IT industry.
• At least 4 years hands on experience on development and maintenance of Reporting systems on Cognos 10.
• Good Understanding on DW Architecture and Concepts.
• At least 4 years of experience in DW/BI/Reporting and related technologies and tools – MUST
• At least 4 years of experience in Project life cycle activities on DW/BI/Reporting development and maintenance projects
• At least 4 years of experience in Design and Architecture review
• At least 4 years of hands on experience in Design, Development & Build activities in Cognos Business Suite Projects
• Knowledge of Cognos Architecture, Reporting DB concepts, working experience in other tools preferred
• Creating List Reports and Cross Tab Reports and Drill Through reports
• Creating of standard filters, calculations, prompts and conditions.
• Creating of medium to high complex reports using Cognos Report Studio.
• Proactively keep abreast of new techniques and practices utilizing the Cognos toolset and assist the Reporting team to apply Cognos effectively and efficiently
• Participate in and contribute to the implementation of best industry practices for IBM BI Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities
• Work with IT and business users to resolve support and technical questions Provide support to the business community in leveraging the Cognos BI platform
• Knowledge Best Practices in Cognos, Performance improvements,
• Understanding of Unix/Linux system, file systems, shell scripting
• Experience with design and implementation of ETL/ELT framework for complex warehouses/marts
• Hands-on development mentality, with a willingness to troubleshoot and solve complex problems
• Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
• Experience in Financial domain
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment.