|The Business Systems Analyst, along with other team members, will be responsible for the development, implementation and support of the US Basel 3 Risk Weighted Asset calculator and reports. This involves planning, analysis, detailed design, developing, testing and implementation of the components to ensure calculation and reports meet business requirements throughout program lifecycle. The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of data, reports and analytics to support all components of the company's Basel 3 Risk Weighted Asset filings and related disclosures. |
- Design, develop and maintain effective solutions to support processes used to gather data required to complete RWA Basel filings in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with reporting teams, business lines, source system owners and other groups to identify required data in order to develop technical and business process solutions to address and comply with Basel reporting requirements for both internal and external reporting.
- Participate in various requirements sessions with internal and external stakeholders and convert business/functional requirements into technical solutions, along with supporting materials such as use cases, designs, flowcharts, models, specifications and reports.
- Write SQL scripts to extract and manipulate data for analytics and reporting purposes.
- Ad-hoc investigative analysis and report creation as needed.
- Document and implement systems based and well defined SLAs.
- Work with appropriate parties to resolve or remediate data quality issues.
- Manage project tasks assigned within scope, quality and timeframe allocated with PM supervision.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- on-hand experience of computer development software such as SQL, SAS, COGNOS, VisualBasic, etc.
- Minimum 10 yrs of previous experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
- Advanced SQL Programming.
- Understanding of relational database structure and experience working with complex data systems.
- Excellent analytical skills to recognize data patterns, quantify potential issues and identify solutions.
- Ability to standardize, harmonize, clean, prepare and use data for developing datasets, reporting and analysis.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Access, Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word.
- Strong teamwork and analytical problem-solving ability.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be a team player, and be well organized and efficient with excellent judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Knowledge of US Basel rules preferred
Prior experience within Financial Services Industry