|OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION:|
POSITION/TITLE: QA Automation Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Quality Assurance
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Manager
Basic Purpose: As a part of the QA team you will be responsible for developing and maintaining automation scripts for an existing automation suite along with documentation to effectively communicate test results. You will work with other members of the QA team and Development to ensure automated tests are providing as much test coverage as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working with a Senior Automation Engineer to facilitate functional, performance, load, regression, integration test planning and execution.
- Test environment setup, developing test tools and utilities.
- Developing and maintaining automated test scripts in a manner consistent with existing standards.
- Participating in improving overall quality processes.
Education & Training
A BS Degree with 5-10 years of working QA and Test automation experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
1. Strong technical skills
2. Strong working knowledge of Unix, DB2, WebSphere, MySQL, Oracle.
3. Knowledge of C++, Unix, Java, Java Script, ODBC, HTML, Oracle, Astra Load Tester or Loadrunner, Mercury QuickTest Pro.
4. Working experience with performance/load test tools. Automation script development.
5. White box testing experience
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Ability to communicate testing approaches in a succinct and effective manner to all levels of the QA team.
7. Good analytical skills, detailed oriented. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
8. Ability to meet challenging deadlines
9. Proficiency with Shell scripting on Linux OS platforms is huge plus
10. Knowledge of ticketing operations/software is a huge plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands
General office environment. Considerable stress may occur at times, especially during. No special physical demands required.