Position: Technology Lead
Location: Atlanta, GA
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
• At least 4 years of experience in IT industry.
• Minimum of 4 years experience with authoring and administering Cognos BI environments.
• Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with Cognos Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Cognos Connection.
• Experience & awareness of nuances of migration from lower to higher version of Cognos.
• Proficient in SQL (Oracle and PL/SQL preferred) and clear understanding of relational database models.
• Strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems in order to effectively develop technical solutions to the requirements.
• Effective communication skills with both business and technical teams.
• Ability to work in a high paced, multiple vendor global environments.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems in order to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirements
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
• Strong understanding of Cognos BI architecture, request processing, servlets and services.
• Proficient in performance planning and installation options and configurations,
• Understanding of Cognos Application Firewall is setup and configured
• Experience in performing distributed installation and configuration of IBM Cognos BI
• Experience in securing the IBM Cognos BI Environment
• Understanding of Cognos BI security model
• Experiencing in defining authentication and authorization, identifying security policies
• Proficient in administering the IBM Cognos BI Server Environment
• Experience in monitoring system metrics, managing dispatchers and services
• Performance tuning of servers
• Setup audit controls, Identify issues while troubleshooting the server environment
• Formulate backup strategy
• Manage Run Activities, manage current, past, and upcoming run activities
• Add and manage a data source
• Distribute data and create a distribution list and contacts
• Deploy, maintain and manage content store including backup and restore
• Manage user profiles, roles
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.