Role : Sr Network Engineer
Location : Atlanta, GA
5+ years' experienceNetwork Engineering with skillset that is a niche skill in the area of Application Performance Monitoring (APM). The worker will use the Riverbed SteelCentral toolset called AppInternals. Experience with AppResponse is a plus.When you search for candidates, workers with skill sets with the following toolsets can be submitted for this opening: DynaTrace, IntroScope, Coradiant, AppDynamics, Jmeter
- Research/assess available network technologies in relation to the enterprise's current and future needs.
- Keep abreast of industry and technology trends, available products and services.
- Evaluate and recommend specific products and platforms to provide cost effective solutions that meet architectural requirements.
- Perform capacity planning and application analysis for network performance and sizing.
- Provide comprehensive network designs (cost estimates, product recommendations, configurations, and implementation plans) for capital and operating projects.
- Work on multiple technical projects, as assigned.
- Coach and provide guidance to network technical and support staff as appropriate, as part of team-based activities.
- Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise.
- Assist with support for day to day network operations by assessing network operational impact and recommending/performing corrective action.
- Create and maintain technical drawings and support documentation of the enterprise network infrastructure.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from any network service interruption, and to prevent recurring problems.
- Monitor, manage, and tune networks to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
- Provide on site and on call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
Basic Entry Requirements:
- Associate's degree in an IT field, in addition to four years applicable experience in one or more of the following network related areas: design, analysis, capacity, wireless, Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and voice platforms; or a Bachelor's degree in an IT field, in addition to two years applicable experience in one or more of the above network related areas; or five years in-depth experience in one or more of the above network related areas.
- The ideal candidate will have the above, in addition to experience in one or more of the following: call center technology, optimizing networks, ATM LANE (Asynchronous Transfer Mode LAN Emulation) services, PBX (Private Branch Exchange) systems, ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) systems, Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 switching, and/or Routing Protocols.
- The candidate may also have experience with ATM technology, and Sniffer/internet protocol analyzing. Previous airline experience a plus.