Position: Technical Architect-Hadoop
Location: Edison, NJ
The Job Role will involve playing a key role as a Bigdata Architect. Driving initiatives related to Bigdata, involving various technology POCs and coming up with meaningful solutions / accelerators. It will require handling of teams , co-ordination with BU teams, Sales teams , Pre-Sales teams to take solutions to market. It will also involve presentation to customers , and also doing handson activities / demos to customers. When there is a key project , will involve engaged into projects for the delivery of the project , in the role of architect, engaging with customers, playing both handson as well as advisory to project. Travelling for project execution will also be one of the activities. Guiding teams technically in POCs and also solution development.
Total Experience Range: 9yrs to 14yrs
- Should have experience in Database technologies & sound experience in handling & working with data.
- Should be conversant with OOPs concepts , Java technologies, interfaces , Spring framework / other frameworks
- Should have good awareness of Linux / Unix technology and should be comfortable using commandline as well as complex Linux activities (Linux configurations)
- Should have good knowledge about operating Systems, networking , filesystem , database
- Experience on any of the Hadoop technologies is an added plus.
- Experience on NOSQL databases like MongoDB, HDFS also an added plus. (Any of them)
- Experience in Hadoop Eco system components like Sqoop / Flume / Talend - BigData / Hive (any of them)
- Experience in Data transformation using Hadoop Map Reduce
Secondary Skills (Desired not mandatory):
- Should have worked on algorithm development using Hadoop
- Should have exposure to data analytics , data science, tools related to data science
- Mapping of Taxonomies to pattern searches
- Should have exposure to R&D Activities
- Should have customer facing technical presentation skills
- Should have handled large volumes of data
- Certifications on Hadoop Technologies
- Should be able to drive initiatives independently. should be a Go Getter and independent.
- Sound communication and articulation skills
- Should be able to manage, guide team as well as play the role of an architect as an individual
- Should be open for travel and customer project execution