Position: Data Governance Coach
Location: Hartford, CT
This is a consulting opportunity within the Data Governance Office. The objective of this job is to provide technical and operational support services to build a solid foundation for data governance and setting up an effective governance structure around data. The person will focus on delivering Data Governance documents, Data Quality and Data Reporting policies, procedures and processes and Data Stewardship policies and processes. This person will help HSB Data Governance Lead to setup the organization and document the entire process and data flows around the Data Governance Office.
- Document the tactical and strategic governance roles and responsibilities.
- Assist the Data Governance Lead in development of data governance operating model and process design, develop process design artifacts, drive thought leadership.
- Document the data governance processes with Data Governance office, Information Domain Owners, Business Advisers, Subject Matter Experts, IT Enablers etc. with clearly defined objectives and plans.
- Defines areas of standard reference domain definitions, models and design templates. These standards may be directly from industry standard definitions or business specific definitions oriented toward the definitions that are specific to the business and are reused with great frequency in support of operations.
- Help Data Governance Lead in assessing the 'right' data governance tool for HSB( SAP, IBM, Informatica etc.)
- Set up the appropriate tool and technology enablers for the data quality audit process and automation of the data quality dashboard, planning for and utilizing additional technical resources as necessary.
- Identify the key metrics for the data quality dashboard, particularly to enable tracking of improvement as the practice matures.
- Setup the initial data quality thresholds and relevance to specific business process / capabilities.
- Strong Insurance Domain expertise specially in P&C industries.
- 10+ years of Strategic Data Governance Experience.
- SME: Data Quality, Data Governance, Metadata Management, Change Management
- Knowledgeable in at least one of the leading technologies for Master Data Management and Data Quality, SAP Preferred.