Position: IT Infrastructure Operations Manager
The IT Infrastructure Operations Manager manages and coordinates information systems to support the computing needs of an organization. The manager is responsible for the operating stability, efficiency, and security of an organization's network systems and infrastructure. In addition to IT operations activities, the technology operations manager may also participate in technology research, procurement, deployment and configuration of new systems.
These activities include, maintaining and optimizing the key functions in the Infrastructure (servers, network, storage, network security, data communications, problem and change management).
- Responsible for the staff and on-going operations and management of the Data Centers.
- Manage staff scheduling and operational responsibilities providing around the clock support at locations
- Monitoring of all server/systems and networking components, with emphasis to Production activities and scheduled batch and checklist tasks with the intent of interfacing with multiple support staffs to address problem situations as they occur
- Monitoring enterprise data backup process and reporting
- Manage centralized application and system monitoring and support, while facilitates problem escalations, and issue resolution while coordinating with the other IT Services teams
- Manage and maintain the integrity of the network infrastructure, data communications and telecommunications systems
- Manage and maintain the global network security policies and procedures
- Management of data centre inventories related to systems, space and requests for moves, adds and changes of hardware
- Manage facility requirements for power, space, and systems connectivity
- Work to transition processing occurring in other IT areas back into the D/C. These activities include daily, weekly and monthly workflow processes
- Development and enhancements to Operation Dashboards for monitoring systems and assessing KPI’s
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or College degree
- Certifications in data center components (ie; Cisco, VMWare, etc)
- 7+ years of Managing data center, server and/or network management systems and staff.
- International work experience required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated abilities to combine business and technical perspectives.
- Demonstrated abilities of strong leadership.
- Hands on experience in trouble shooting hardware/software.
- Skills in effective verbal and written communication, people management, and project management.