Role: IT Onsite Support Engineer
Community: Business Support
Key Function: To provide local hands-on IT Support services as part of the Global Service Delivery team for local & remote users.
- Provide technical desktop / laptop support to both local & remote users either face to face or via the telephone.
- Efficiently resolve user incidents/requests complying with ISO 9000, ITIL processes and Axon procedures
- Communicate effectively progress of call status to users
- Monitor the IT support call queue ensuring tickets are processed and allocated in according with Axon procedures.
- Desktop support including hardware, network operating system (Windows XP) & applications including, configure desktops/laptops to the Axon standard, managing peripherals, maintain & administer all loan equipment
- Deal with 3rd party suppliers for purchasing IT equipment
- Physical IT asset management and IT inventory maintenance.
- Provide telephony and audio visual (projectors / screens) support within the office environment.
- Cat5e cable management
- Provide support to the Infrastructure teams for project work as required, including occasional out-of hours and weekend work (paid overtime).
- Work as part of a shift rota (varies by region) typically providing cover from 8am – 4.30pm or 9:30pm – 6:00pm
- In some regions travel to smaller office sites may be required.
- Solid experience in a busy service desk / local support environment
- Must have excellent customer facing qualities
- Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003/2007.
- MCP or equivalent in Microsoft Windows XP/2003
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003
- Working knowledge of Networking & TCP/IP
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills