Title : Senior Data Scientist
Location - St. Louis, MO
Position Type – Perm
Industry - Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing
Salary - 140,000 plus 15% bonus
The global analytics team is a cutting edge group that analyzes big data to develop predictive models and optimization solutions to accelerate Monsanto’s product development. As part of our diverse, highly dynamic group, you will be exposed to highly exciting big data challenges and will have ample opportunity to work with interdisciplinary scientists (Mathematicians, computer scientists, Engineers, Data Scientists and Breeders) to foster your career growth and development while delivering next-generation scientific breakthroughs.
In this role, you are required to use advanced quantitative analysis, data mining techniques and strong business acumen to deliver insight and recommendations for business decisions. You are required to solve complex problems with tera/peta bytes of data using latest innovations in machine learning, predictive analytics and optimization algorithms. You will design and test algorithms and conduct prototyping to evaluate possible scenarios leveraging computational and mathematical techniques to develop novel approaches for high-throughput data analyses. You will provide value added business recommendations and solutions based on innovations and insights from data , You will present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business.
1. PhD or PhD completion in the next 6 months in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering Bioinformatics, or other quantitative disciplines.
2. Creative, proactive, bold and out-of-box thinking
3. Proficiency in Machine learning algorithms and concepts (Ensembles, Deep Learning, SVM, etc.)
4. Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving big data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights from data
5. 3+ years experience with Statistical & Mathematical programming packages (R, Matlab, SAS etc)
6. Strong publication record in leading scientific journals
7. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and proven problem solving abilities
8. Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading & influencing people at varying levels of responsibility.
9. Proven ability to communicate complex qualitative analysis in clear, precise and actionable manner.
1. Experience with object oriented programming (C/C++, Java) is highly desired
2. Experience with simulation and optimization algorithms is highly desired
3. 3+ yrs. experience post PhD applying machine learning algorithms and building predictive models is highly desired
4. Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value
5. Creativity in defining challenging exploratory projects and developing solutions