• Perform upgrades to software packages used by applications
• Perform analysis on the existing application and identify potential component breakpoints
• Perform analysis on existing application code security vulnerabilities to determine the best remediation solution
• Implement security vulnerability code fixes and perform unit testing
• Provide environment and functional support for SIT and UAT testing of applications
• Provide Upgrade Environment specifications to component administrators
• Deploy code baseline to upgraded environment and get to clean compile
• Remediate run-time breakpoints and oversee deployment to production environment
• Updating documentation and providing development of implementation and back out plans, deployment support, and post implementation code changes as required.
• Understand application/technical needs and processes; identify solutions, present and guide project team, Technical lead and IT lead in identifying best solution.
• Promote top code quality by contributing and participating in design and code reviews, and solve issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
• Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and determine solutions to address defects.
• Minimum of 4-6 years related experience required
• Strong development skills and at least 5 years of experience in JDK, Java 2EE, WebLogic and ANT.
• Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science or Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
• Extensive, hands-on experience and at least 2 years of experience with Unix/Shell scripting.
• At least 2 years of experience with UDB, Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle
• Experience is application support for database and middleware upgrades and migrations preferred
• Experience in complete software development lifecycle.
• Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, XQuery and XML Query.
• Ability to learn and adopt various technologies (including Commercial-of-the-Shelf products)
• Must have good problem solving skills, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
• Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation.
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal (move to basic skills?)
• Hands-on experience with GIT, Jenkins, Artifactory, and TeamForge
• Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages like ANT, Maven, Shell script, ClearCase
• Database Query design and development on relational database platforms
• Familiarity with Mortgage Industry or direct Freddie Mac Experience is an added plus