IT Business system analystLocation:
San Diego, CADuration:
10 - 12 monthsQualifications:
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is a key capital project team member primarily responsible for requirements elicitation, discovery, documentation, and document management. Collaboration with project team members and business stakeholders is imperative to produce, validate, and maintain robust requirements and process documentation with a focus on requirements quality and completeness. Through well-defined requirements communication, enable successful product design, development, and test execution which maps onto and meets business objectives and goals within the project's defined scope.Minimum qualifications:
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly translate business requests and objectives to technical users and convey technical information to the non-technical user.
- Analytical thinker and detail-oriented listener with extensive organization and problem solving skills committed to a high level of accuracy.
- Process-oriented able to utilize and work within project defined methodologies, frameworks, and tools. Extensive knowledge of and experience with SharePoint and HP Quality Center are a plus.
- Experienced facilitator with the ability to white board and conduct broad spectrum/big picture discussions as well as detailed business and system dialogues. Must have the ability to manage stakeholder expectations and have persuasive and effective negotiation skills.
- Collaborativeteam-player who fosters team growth, performance, and supportive team atmosphere.
- Must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, business administration, finance, project management or a related field.
- Requires minimum of five or more years of increasing responsibilities in the areas of business analysis, system/application development, customer service, and/or Information Technology field. Qualified candidates will have technical aptitude and experience supporting large-scale solutions spanning across the enterprise landscape. Extensive knowledge of technology system interfaces and data integration; networks, operating systems a plus.
- Must have solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), web and mobile-based technologies, system and application architecture, sequence and activity diagrams, and the ability to develop requirements which map to test cases in all phases of software testing
- Participate in requirements workshops/interviews/observation.
- Conduct detailed analysis of AS-IS business processes, IT processes, and IT systems for consideration when documenting TO-BE system solutions with unambiguous, testable, functional and non-functional Business Requirements and process illustrations. Includes: Data analysis, process modeling and organization as part of requirements facilitation using various notations (use cases, class diagrams, activity diagrams, business process modeling notation, etc.). System and data models to a logical level, decision tables/trees, and data flows
- Facilitate specialized user interface design and prototyping as well as customer journey mapping based on documented business requirements and use cases.
- Develop and prioritize detailed task breakdowns, and provide regular status updates on progress to business project manager.
- Research questions and resolve issues in a timely manner working with the business, PMO, and IT for on-time delivery of business project deliverables while adhering to project defined methodologies and best practices.
- Act as project communication hub ensuring clear understanding of requirements across business, IT, and testing teams.
- Assist with change management process to ensure documentation reflects most current requirements approved by the business and agreed upon by IT.
- May participate in Quality Assurance domain level testing as needed, to verify the IT solution reflects the functionality necessary to address complex business initiatives, goals, and objectives.
- Author Business Domain Test Plan; facilitate Business Domain Testing, and responsible for creating and publishing Business Domain/User Acceptance Test Reporting
- Provide application user testing support to ensure that end-user defects and issues are managed to resolution prior to project closure.
- Assist with development and administration of user documentation and training to assure proper business-user operation of systems.