Position: SQL Developer with FlexNet
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Duration: 6 Months Contract to hire
Green Card & USC only
This position will provide the AGT License Management team with an Intermediate or Technical Analyst supporting the FlexNet Management Platform Suite application and interfaces. The selected candidate will be an excellent communicator with, technical, analytical skills, and programming experience.
• Responsibilities include day to day support of third-party developed software; requires working closely with internal teams and third-party vendor support to solve problems. Other responsibilities include maintenance of the software including maintenance of existing solutions and interfaces, application patching and upgrades, and development of new system integrations and enhancements.
•Supporting problem investigations of technical defects with FNMP product and interfaces will be a significant portion of this role. Superior problem solving skills are ability to work independently and with little direct supervision are necessary.
•Daily monitoring of application logs, data, and scheduling will be part of this role along with using metrics to identify opportunities for improvements.
•Understanding relations data structures and generating data reports to support the team will be needed.
•Occasional afterhours and on-call support will be required
•This position will have involvement is some project work, which includes conferring with other analysts and users to establish requirements, working with team members during design, development, testing and continuing support.
•The successful candidate will be self-motivated; service oriented and possesses excellent interpersonal and analytical skills. Candidate must have the ability to develop, coordinate, communicate, document, execute testing and implementation plans with minimal supervision.
•In addition to the skills listed above, candidates must also demonstrate the following behaviors: team work; communication; tolerance of ambiguity; commitment to task; continuous learning; attention to detail; quality
•Minimal travel may be required.
•Working knowledge of desktop tools such as Word, Excel, and project management tools is expected.
A four year computer science or related technical degree or equivalent work experience is required. A minimum of 1 years of related work experience is required.
The following technical qualifications are required or preferred for this position.
• Familiarity with software licensing concepts and practical experience supporting Flexera's FlexNet Management Platform (FNMP) is preferred.
• Experience supporting, maintaining and patching third-party vendor application in a global enterprise environment is required.
• Microsoft SQL server knowledge and comfort developing SQL queries is required.
• Practical experience developing and maintaining data-integrations between software applications is required.
• Knowledge administrating Microsoft IIS Web Server and Microsoft SQL Server is preferred.
• Experience supporting and developing data integrations including writing SQL queries is preferred.
• Strength debugging application issues in Windows and UNIX environments is required.
• Prefer experience supporting applications in a distributed environment including analyzing network connectivity issues between servers.
• Prefer knowledge and experience in hardware/software inventory products (Microsoft SCCM, BMC ADDM).
• Prefer knowledge and experience using PowerShell
• Prefer experience developing customer reporting using Microsoft SSRS (Sql Server Reporting Services)