Position: Sr.UnixRedhat System Administrator
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Salary : $115-125k Job description:
- The scope of the position is responsible for the system administration of a large scale multi-tier Redhat Linux environment.
- Day-to-day tasks will involve the following tasks:
- You will maintain and support a large number of medium to enterprise class systems according to existing procedures, using standard UNIX tools and best practices and creating technical documentation.
- You will support multiple aspects of the environment. e.g. Hardware, OS and middleware software. He/She will be responsible for performance tuning and monitoring of RHEL and applications running on it.
- You will work closely with DBA, storage and networking teams for environment upgrades/ build outs and troubleshooting.
- You will be involved with disaster recovery planning, implementation and testing.
- Ten years’ experience in UNIX Administration with Systems Configuration and Performance tuning with 5 plus years of experience in Redhat Systems Administration with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- .Strong knowledge of RHEL and VCS clusters installation, configuration and implementation.
- Good experience on yum configurations and RHN network troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience with Redhat Satellite, PXE boot statergy and kickstart.
- Previous experience with RHEL performance monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, and security hardening
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Networking and Storage Technologies.
- Hands on experience with SSH, NFS, DNS and LDAP.
- Excellent working knowledge on the Linux and Veritas file system and logical volume management
- Knowledge of EMC technology, Timefinder, BCV, SRDF
- Involved in preparing the scripts and cronjobs for regular task automation.
- Familiar with Apache webserver configuration
- . Experience with Tomcat and/or Websphere application server a plus.
- Experience with Storix and Zabix tools a plus.
- Working knowledge of AWS a plus
- . Excellent customer handling skills and excellent verbal & written communications skills
- . Ability to handle heavy workloads with limited supervision
- . Project Management skills with leadership capabilities is a plus.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0129
Thank you for your time