Job Title: Cloud Systems EngineerLocation: Austin TX.Duration: 6 Months Contract Job Description:
We are seeking a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on infrastructure administration skills to design, administer, tune, secure and maintain a global online gaming hosting infrastructure. This individual will play an active role in all aspects of deployment for front-end online game server environments and will be part of a 24x7 global operations group.
The Cloud Engineer works as a key member of the IT infrastructure team responsible for the continued development of our cloud/virtualization capabilities and the delivery and implementation of these capabilities to our game development partners. Key Responsibilities:
· Delivery core administration and delivery tasks around all aspects of our client’s public cloud /private cloud infrastructure
· Liaise with other teams within Online IT to provide for continual improvement of the cloud/virtualization capabilities
· Provide advanced (level 3) infrastructure as a service troubleshooting support before, during, and after project rollout of public/private cloud environments
· Rotational 24/7 on-call support as needed
· Collaborate with architecture on hosting solutions and options
· Coordinate with security and network engineering to provide a robust and secure hosting offering
· Quickly and thoroughly evaluate emerging virtualization technologies to provide objective reviews of capability, functionality, and compatibility with existing infrastructureRequested Skills:
· BS Degree in MIS/Computer science or equivalent experience
· Experience with AWS public cloud deployments, understanding of existing AWS technology offerings and experience with integrated public cloud services is required.
· High level to expert level experience with virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM and/or VMWare
· Experience with IAAS private cloud systems such as Eucalyptus, Cloudstack, Openstack is highly desirable.
· Experience with IAAS private storage technologies such as Swift or Ceph is a plus.
· Experience with Rackspace Cloud Servers or Cloud Files is a plus
· Experience w/ NAS (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI)
· Strong TCP/IP and networking knowledge is a must with comprehensive knowledge of: WAN, LAN, routing, switching, NAT, VPN, DHCP, DNS
· Experience with Load Balancers (e.g. Cisco and Netscaler)
· Working knowledge of CDN (e.g. Akamai, LimeLight, CloudFront)
· Strong infrastructure automation skills – automating tasks in any programming language; the more the better
· Must be open to changing situations and opportunities and be willing to perform all tasks assigned without supervision.
· Experience with Orchestration and Configuration Management tools such as Rightscale, Chef, Puppet.
· Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
· Self starter, with strong aptitude towards rigorous testing and validation of work.
· Experience with scripted deployments and creating custom scripts
· Prior experience with online games or other custom applications is a plus
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban is a plus.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0129
Thank you for your time