Job Title: Big Data Architect
Location: Richmond, VA
Duration: Full Time Position
Data Architect is expected to provide advanced technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis, and use of systems technology including architecture, integration capabilities, and data base management. Responsible for providing technical thought leadership and oversight to internal teams of developers, and interacts directly with key stakeholders. Responsible for developing long-term technology strategies and shorter-term development and delivery plans to meet deadlines.
• Hands on experience in the design of successful very large business data analytics solutions.
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cascading / Hive / HDFS, NoSQL and Map-Reduce is a plus.
• Experience with big data architectures, such as OpenStack, Hadoop, Pig, Hive or other big data frameworks are a plus.
• Experience in designing and developing high-volume mission critical transactional data integration solutions.
• Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems and computing systems in general.
• Experience with data matching, analysis, and data standardization.
• Strong, in-depth experience in data modeling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modeling, data mining, predictive analytics).
• Prior knowledge and experience with database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, and In-memory databases
• Knowledge and experience with Transact SQL and PL SQL.
• Strong thorough understanding of Logical, Physical and UML modeling.
• Strong thorough understanding of data marts, data warehouse, OLTP, OLAP, and RDBMS.
• Strong thorough understanding of relational database design and ETL development
• Prior knowledge and experience with SSIS, or other integration services products (Clover, Jasper, etc.)
• Experience working with Cloud Storage solutions in AWS, Azure etc. is a plus.
• Ability to recognize and implement common data patterns and best practices.
• Solid understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle and process methodologies
• Strong knowledge and experience of enterprise application development and integration with databases on Microsoft server technologies.
• Ability to evaluate an existing architecture and document issues and suggested improvements
• Solid experience with performance optimization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience, with proven leadership and mentoring abilities