Position : Lead Oracle DBA
Location : Washington DC
Employment Terms: 2 Year Contract
The Lead Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) provides administration support for Oracle ASO, Oracle RMAN, Oracle RAC, and Oracle Grid Control and the Oracle RDBMS, including (versions 11g, 12c, and any subsequent upgrades). The Lead Oracle DBA is responsible for the overseeing the efforts of a team of four database administrators and carrying out the following tasks to directly administer SEC Oracle databases:
- Producing weekly and monthly task status reports, detailing the status of tasks completed within the prior reporting period, tasks planned for the next reporting period, as well as risks and issues.
- Install, configure, start/stop, upgrade, monitor, manage, and otherwise maintain the Oracle products including ASO, RMAN, RAC, Grid, and RDMS.
- Analyze Oracle error and master logs uste Oracle Enterprise Manager to diagnose problems with the Oracle products listed above.
- Create databases using the Oracle RDBMS. Set up and manage Oracle Failsafe and RAC.
- Backup and restore databases in accordance with procedures defined in the customer’s Database Administrator Guide
- Administer the security procedures as per customer requirements.
- Advise the customer about logical database design and develop physical database designs.
- Support the development of applications and the migration of legacy databases into Oracle by advising developers in logical design, creating database objects, optimizing procedures, writing scripts, and loading, extracting, and converting data.
- Write scripts, triggers, and stored procedures using Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL).
Create and maintain replication tables, perform subscription materialization, define data server functions, establish replication functions, maintain routes, maintain and manage database connections, handle errors and exceptions, recover databases, and reconcile database inconsistencies.
Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of directly related computer business systems analysis and/or programming experience.
Oracle 12c Certified Professional
Oracle RAC Certification (highly preferred)
(Name/describe the skills the employee must have at hire).
- 10+ years of proven experience as an Oracle Database Administrator (DBA), administering production databases in a large environment for complex computer systems.
- Knowledgeable in the development and maintenance of Oracle 11g and 12c database systems
- Expert-level proficiency in design, administration, implementation, upgrades, monitoring and database tuning that ensures the application runs efficiently and reliably.
- Extensive experience with RDBMS design and system analysis, current operating systems software internals and data manipulation languages.
- Experience providing end user technical support required to execute database changes and enhancements as well as security changes.
- Expertise writing complex SQL statements and tuning existing SQL statements for performance and scalability.
- Experience developing stored procedures that process and modify existing data and creating database jobs to execute ad-hoc PL/ SQL as well as procedures used to validate data, modify data, or gather table and index statistics at regular intervals.
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities to address complex issues involving data movement and data replication.
- Proven ability to resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure, as well as develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the database architecture and the application functionality.
Name/describe skills that would be helpful but not required at hire–e.g., skills that could be learned or taught within the first months of hire).
- Experience with data warehousing and business intelligence, particularly using Sybase IQ and Business Objects.
- Experience with ETL tools and designing ETL solutions.