Title : Technical Project Manager
Location : San Antonio, TX
Duration : 6+ months
Rate : DOE
In this role you will:
- Drive and manage business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, scheduling, and budgeting as well as stakeholder, change and risk management.
- Collaborate with business units and other departments to facilitate the development of the business case for projects, as well as defining the project vision, gather project requirements, and define optimal approach to execute project
- Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives, and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured, and reported effectively
- Create and manage detailed, high-quality project plans, including coordination of project activity
- Actively manage and maintain program and project backlogs to effectively prioritize business initiatives with the highest value and potential return
· Track all activities against the plan, monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances
- Identify, assess and manage risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
- Tactically own and execute multiple projects, often with conflicting priorities while responding well to constant changes and resource constraints
· Lead the team into a fully integrated and motivated team.
- Coordinate technology resources and collaborate with cross-functional teams from multiple groups
· Communicate, both orally and in writing, with all levels, both formally and informally
· Provide regular and accurate reports and updates to senior leadership, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 10 + years of project management experience on progressively more complex projects
- Self-motivated and self-reliant with strong ability to work independently and achieve broadly communicated objectives with minimal supervision
- Ability to set the tone for each engagement by exhibiting leadership, diplomacy, confidence, and a strong service-oriented attitude to all participants and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback to the team
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
High competency and knowledge in project management practices and general business processes
Guru (Preferred) Qualifications:
- MBA or other related advanced degree is a plus
- PMP, ACP, CSM certifications are a plus
- Execute projects using diverse methodologies such as waterfall, Agile and hybrid is a plus.
- Hosting Business Experience is nice to have
- Experience in areas of automated process for Rapid deployment and provisioning and Customer On-Boarding is a plus.