Position: Sr Backend Engineer Location: San Jose CADuration: 6+ monthsFace to Face Interview first option Job Description:
Seasoned Server side developer for a Data Science Platform on the Cloud:
* Seeking seasoned and experienced server-side backend developers to build a 'Data Science platform on the Cloud'. Minimum 7 years of software engineering background building quality and scalable products.
* The services needs to be developed in one of Node/Python/Go/Java/Scala.
Conducts analysis, designs products, and programs computer software that requires extensive research. Typical background for this position is advance study/knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of software development and methodologies. Experience and expertise on big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop, Machine learning) and development on Cloud platforms would be preferred.Requirements:
We are looking for backend developers who can create high quality services and have hand on experience with that.
The service is intended for creating a custom experience on top of our cloud, specifically for the Data scientists. Data sicentits knows how to run hadoop or other jobs, we are providing them with means to do that. Specifically we allow them to upload their jobs which will be run against a set to data stored in cloud object stores and such.
The ideal candidate would possess knowledge of running stuff in cloud (call apis to provision VMs, use object store (Amazon S3, Openstack swift etc) and be able to orchestrate around it. This would include maintaining state in a database (postgres, mysql or one of the nosql).
The services needs to be developed in one of Node/Python/Go/Java/Scala
While there would be an architectural oversight, the expectation is for the candidate to be well versed in stuff such as application protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP2), data protocols (json, protobuff, messagepack etc) and on services principles using REST or other service oriented architectures.
They should be able to write good scalable code understanding the trade offs on scalability, performance and maintainability.
So basically we are looking for an application programmer with some experience on using big data (preferable) than a big data guy with some programming experience. Hope this helps in screening candidates.
* Solid server-side development experience in one or more of the following Python, Node, Go, Java, Scala
* Cloud based development and deployment experience
* Experience with cluster management solutions Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker
* Experience integrating diverse services (web, data sources)
* Interested in working on new technologies, patterns and solution spaces.
* Write clean, quality production code that runs at massive scale; relentless focus on software scalability, performance, robustness, and cost trade-offs Top Requirements:
Seasoned back-end developer, with experience on variety of Open Source technologies
Experience integrating diverse systems, data sources and services
Extensive Python and Node experience
Experience developing cloud based applications or platforms Nice to have:
Practical experience with data science or machine learning platforms, such as H2O, Spark, etc. is a plus
Experience with a variety of open source technologies
Preferred background- candidates who have worked and deployed items on the cloud (AWS, Google Compute Engine)
Potential for extension and conversion, pending on performance, budget, and headcount
Must have flexibility to work on-site at both the San Jose North and South campuses
Thanks and Regards,Srini
US IT RecruiterKutir Corporation