Sr. Database Architect/Database Administrator (MySQL and Oracle)
Till end of this year (Dec 2015) it is in Sarasota, Floria. From next year January, 2016 onwards it will be in San Francisco, CA. Client will cover relocation and accomadation expenes in Sarasota and in San Francisco.
Summary of the Role:
This is an additional role on our DevOps/IT team. You will be part of a tiger team on a major project and will be a key player in our IT department. You will personally own the development and implementation of a scalable database platform using MySQL/MariaDB and create a new platform.
What is in it for you?
• Pre-IPO company that plans to grow exponentially.
• Flexible time-off policy -- no tracking, just take what you need after communicating with your team and manager
• Fun, fast-paced environment
• Super smart people who aim to change the world
• Flexible work schedules and work locations
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• 5+ years experience supporting databases in an agile web based, 24X7X365 internet/web environment
• 2+ years of MySQL experience
• 4+ years of experience working on a Linux-based platform (you need to be able to perform database dependency tasks at the OS-level independently if required)
• Experience setting up monitoring/trending of database environments
• Experience creating database through MySQL or at the very least, past experience as an Oracle DBA on 10g/11g
The interview process will not be easy and you will be expected to demonstrate your skills by applying them to hypothetical situations and coming up with hypothetical designs.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Architecture and Engineering of data solutions
• Support 24X7X365 production and development operations
• Contribute to company best practices on database design, infrastructure, automation, configuration management, monitoring, alerting, and trending.
Setup, configure, maintaining and monitoring systems, network, and applications
• Develop expert understanding of technical and business process flow for applications and provide recommendations for improvement collaboratively engaging with any / all other development/production teams to find solutions
• Develop appropriate documentation and run books for NOC