Job Title : Cloud Software EngineerPosition Type : PermanentLocation : Columbia, MDJob Description:
Our Client is seeking Senior Software Developers, who will provide software development support on one of our Prime Cloud contracts. The environment on this contract is like that of a start-up company. The candidate must be a motivated self- starter who is willing to take the initiative to solve problems. The successful candidate will not wait to be told what to do. They will engage to learn the existing systems and then propose improvements. These are FULLY-FUNDED POSITIONS! Required Skills:
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of one (1) year experience developing software and systems with Java.
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of one (1) year designing and developing applications for execution in distributed computing environments.
- Within the last five (5) years, a minimum of one (1) year experience with Apache Hadoop framework and MapReduce.
- TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required.
- Ability to lead a team of Developers.
- Work capture efforts related to Cloud technologies and address customer needs.
- Lead/work internal research and development projects.
- Experience with managing, monitoring & tuning Hadoop clusters of 1,200 nodes highly desired.
- Experience with developing and building Linux RPM’s and working with Yum Repositories.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Puppet to provision software loads for compute cluster.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-490-0095.