Key Pointers to look out:
QE Engineers who have scripting experience with Perl or any other scripting language.
Should have Web Testing experience from a Server side and not from the Browser side.
• Design Test scripts for new and existing features from product specifications
• Develop new or update existing test scripts in Perl
• Participate in Code review and test design reviews
• Interact with Development Engineers and understand the testability of features and request for test hooks/points in the product
• Interact with team based off-shore and guide the team in the execution and analysis of automated tests
• Manage and maintain test bed and test environment
• Develop common testing libraries/APIs that can be shared by other testing teams
• Communicate clearly and effectively with the team and make recommendations
• Open bugs for problems found in the product and ensure timely resolution of open bugs
Here is what you’ll need to be successful
• 2-5 years of experience working in a QE organization
• 1-3 years of experience developing automated tests
• Good knowledge of scripting languages. Experience in Perl preferred
• Working knowledge of Linux/Unix is a must.
• A proven track record of designing and developing automated tests
• Excellent Test Automation knowledge including development of tests for web services
, Experience in testing web services and databases such as MySQL/Oracle.
. Solid understanding of application servers such as Tomcat/Apache and web technologies
• Excellent design and analysis skills with a strong understanding of testing methodologies (black box, White box) and test tools
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with off-shore team is a plus
• Prior experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
• Prior experience working with test management systems like Testopia is desired
• Knowledge of testing methodologies and use of Code coverage tools is a plus.
. Knowledge of web service APi testing tools like SOAPUI or SOATEST is a plus.
• BS in CS is a must. MS in CS is desirable.