Conquest Technology Solutions Inc. is a highly recognized provider of professional IT consulting services in the US.
Here is our open requirement which can be filled immediately. Kindly respond to this requirement with your resume, contact and current location info to speed up the interview process.
Title: Database Developer
Duration: 09/01/2015 - 06/30/2016
Location: Atlanta, Georgia Note: 1)Locals Preferred 2) Visa Copy Must for submission Job Description:
The Georgia Department of Transportation is seeking a Senior Database Developer with solid experience and knowledge pertaining to designing, developing and implementing of enterprise level database support, with experience using Active Batch scheduler. Candidate must be able to apply system solutions to business problems.
The Enterprise Database Team is composed of 3 oracle DBAs, 2 SQL server DBAs and a team leader. The team is upgrading from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2012. Oracle BI Publisher/Answers & Dashboards (OBIEE with Exalytics) is implemented. All reports will be assessed using Oracle technologies. Current reports utilize the enterprise data warehouse (Oracle Exadata) and connections to SQL Server and Oracle databases.
The enterprise database team works with all facets of the transportation enterprise from financials, programs/projects, human resources, to federal level. The team coordinates with client, server, network, and database/data warehouse personnel to integrate supporting IT architecture.
The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one year increments. Several successful developers have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time. Responsibilities:
· Designs, develops, tests, and implements databases and views based on business requirements
· Develop database loading procedures, cron/SQL Server Agent jobs, and use ActiveBatch for job scheduling/management
· Work with IT Project team to develop database solutions to business requirements
· Work directly with Enterprise Data architect to design/develop new structures, make requested changes and perform updates
· Create and manage database objects: structures, tables, procedures, triggers, db links, indexes, synonyms, functions, etc.
· Follow IT guidelines, standards, policies, and procedure including but not limited to change management
· Work with IT developers to ensure data security/governance rules are followed
· As needed, thoroughly document existing processes or built as part of these duties
· Deliver database solutions as per IT Project schedule and quality expectations
· Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with minimal user disruption
· Manage capacity and performance requirements
· Works closely with application developers to integrate databases and test within applications
· Provide design and development mentorship/cross-training with fellow team members
· Assists in the administration and auditing of database system/system security
· Prepare estimates of time for design and development
· Analyzes top database queries and develops performance improvement recommendations for application developers
· Analyzes database performance tuning and develops methods to improve database performance
· Develops and maintains data dictionary/metadata to support data governance Required Skills:
· 5+ years of database development experience
· 5+ years of experience in writing PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, database scripting, etc.
· 2+ years of experience in Active Batch or similar job scheduling/management tool
· A solid understanding of SQL and database design
· Experience with stored procedure languages
· 4 year Bachelor’s degree with preferred concentration in IT, data science, or business
· Demonstrated experience in designing, building, implementing, and deploying database tables, procedures, functions, views etc.
· Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle 11g/12c
· Experience with deploying/upgrading database systems
· Ability to extrapolate business requirements into database design/objects
· Ability to meet deadlines, be results focused, and deliver high quality work products
· Experience in data analysis and data validation
· Must be able to write technical documentation
· Detail oriented
· Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
· High level of customer service
· Excellent communication skills Desired Skills:
· Oracle or Microsoft database training/certifications
· Knowledge of Oracle Financials (PeopleSoft), and Primavera/P6 Analytics, Human Resources (Time and Labor), and Learning Management a plus
· Experience in Oracle BI (OBIEE)
· Experience with Microsoft SharePoint
Best regards, Alex Watson
Sr. Recruiter | Talent Acquisition TeamConquest Technology Solutions, Inc.
19 C Trolley Square, Wilmington, DE – 19806
P: 415-424-4275(Desk) | Fax: 302-288-6485
E: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organization. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.