A new Growth Strategy & Planning resource has been created within the Marketing organization with a prime charter of evaluating Verizon’s sales and revenue performance, its product/service portfolio and industry/market dynamics to develop opportunities for marketing based programs that can protect revenue and fuel growth. This position will report directly to the Manager of Product and Marketing Strategies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
70% - Business Insights and Problem Solving
Evaluate the revenue, sales and market share performance of select wire line products/services to identify areas of concern or opportunities Verizon could exploit. Document trends, segment differences, product/service linkages, penetration, market influences, etc… and make recommendations for marketing or business unit actions.
Creatively utilize a wide set of internal and external data for analysis comparing Verizon’s performance against internal targets, the overall market and specific competitors. Proactively look for new sources of data, evaluation strategies and effective ways to visually communicate findings and recommendations.
Compare market growth rates and triangulate with sales and revenue trends to identify patterns and anomalies which could point to areas of growth or concern for developing the strategic direction for VES Growth and Retention programs.
30% - Business Development and Marketing Strategy
Proactively develop business insight reports based on analytical findings and make recommendations for marketing initiatives and programs for growth.
Engage in assigned projects in which a specific business problem is presented and requires investigation and deep data analysis. Examine the data collected and present findings and recommendations to executives and project teams. Prepare business case and trending information which will be utilized for strategic decision making as it relates to product and industry expansion.
Develop Marketing Strategy for programs to drive Revenue and Sales Growth as well as customer retention. Engage across marketing and sales to identify customer needs and create opportunities across the customer lifecyle.
RELEVANT SCOPE DATA
Develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Develop a thorough analysis of Verizon’s performance within the Strategic Services market place comparing current performance against the market and specific competitors. Identify areas within the market segment where Verizon may be underpenetrated, project market size opportunity and make high level recommendations for action.
- Leverage sales and revenue data to create a historical view of the attach rate for Strategic Services products with other Verizon product solutions. Interpret the results of the analysis, support the product teams in the refinement of the metrics and collaborate on suggested action plans.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Receives broad guidance & is accountable for project or program results. Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is accomplished without considerable direction
- Responsible for developing their own methodology to approaching assigned requests based on the objectives of the assigned project and the available data sources.
- Provides supervised decision making in proactively identifying potential meaningful and relevant research projects to pursue.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas. Requires independent thinking, critical problem solving and advanced analysis. Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
• Extensive experience in analytic work, market sizing and evaluation and creative approaches to problem solving
• Must be comfortable working with large amounts of data with a unique ability to develop crisp, meaningful interpretations of the information
• Detail-oriented, excellent follow through, ability to multitask, manage projects and workflow, and work well under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently and communicating proactively with a wide range of stakeholders
• Analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
• Presentation and influencing skills
• Intellectual curiosity applied to business problems
• High proficiency in Excel, Access, Powerpoint and other business model database tools
• Understands market growth rates and trends and is a though leader across Enterprise and Medium Markets.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience. Generally requires minimum of 2 yrs experience in same or related discipline.
MBA is a plus.