Title: Disaster Recovery Manager
Location: Providence RI
· This is a senior role for Disaster Recovery Manager responsible for managing the Recovery service for IT environment.
· The role primarily involves - support Recovery activities plan maintenance, conducting DR exercise Planning, execution coordination during an exercise or true-life recovery invocation activities for a heterogeneous technology environment.
· This roles seeks strong Coordination skills with multiple delivery teams to monitor day-to-day recovery readiness and preparedness of the environment and Reporting; coordinating activities during recovery activities execution during drills exercise and disaster declaration scenario.
· Coordinate to Plan & exercising of recovery testing
· Manage the administration, maintenance, development, and implementation of policies and procedures for providing recovery of data and systems.
· Manages disaster recovery and resumption plans.
· Good understanding of recovery strategies and various Infrastructure Technologies – Like Storage, Backup, Networks, Security, Mainframes and Operating Systems (WINTEL, Linux, Solaris etc).
· Experience in identification of Technology domain causing incident or issues during a disaster recovery exercise.
· Coordinating and Root Cause Analysis for major incident (Severity 1) during recovery exercises.
· Good Understanding of Recovery & Resilience management life cycle.
· Experience in determining the adequate test environment drill & test plan requirements
· Coordinating with various technology teams to develop drill Test Plans and Test Evaluation Summaries across heterogeneous infrastructure layers
· Experience in Testing DR environment for datacentre failover and failback
· Drill execution co-ordination, incident / issues tracking during drills
· Experience in recovery testing data collection, analysis and reporting with recommendation of alterations to improve recovery performance
· Management Reporting and presentation skills
Skills and Specifications:
· Ability to analysis critical factors impacting the recovery activities and success.
· In-depth experience with disaster recovery testing, coordination, and maintenance.
· Demonstrated experience in the area of emergency notification, crisis management and disaster recovery testing.
· Basic knowledge of VMware Windows and Linux/VMs, Mainframe, network components and Storage Media such as NetApp, XIV and Tape Library (LT04 & LT06).
· Knowledge of Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
· Broad knowledge of information technologies and disaster recovery best practices.
· In-depth knowledge and experience in MS Office with emphasis on Project Plan, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Knowledge of any or all of the following: Commvault, TSM, ITIL, Assurance, BIA, BCP, Converged Infrastructure, NetApp
· Should have undergone specialized training / Certification in Disaster Recovery & Management.
· Task Coordination and Project Management skills
· Network / Security / Storage / Backup Technology related experience.
· Virtualization technology experience would be added advantage.
· Communication & Presentation Skills.