Title: Senior Mechanical Hydraulics EngineerLocation: Spartanburg’scType: permanentJob description
Leading Hydraulic Brake manufacturer has immediate need for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with at least 10 years of experience in Hydraulic control systems design. Transit braking systems experience would be ideal.Job requirement
- Product mechanical design activities, including FEA, mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Creation of 2D and 3D device drawings and models.
- Implementation of prototypes and systems for laboratory testing, simulation, and customer acceptance.
- Train and support clients and field representatives.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and improve designs.
- Confirmation of system and product capabilities.
- Assurance of system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, documentation, and other artifacts.
- Contribute to design standards and support design reuse.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, presentations, and patents.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong academic background involving mechanical and electrical disciplines. Mechanical applications skills are required.
- Strong CAD skills with Solid Works or equivalent 3D modeling tools.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- System analysis skills, including decision, cost, safety, reliability, and maintainability.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills related to technical issues.
- A high degree of negotiation and management skills is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for dealing with all levels of internal and external organizations and desire to work in in a team environment.
- A strong desire for customer satisfaction and customer interaction is required.
- Integration skills for electronics, pneumatics, electro-pneumatics, electro-hydraulic, hydraulic and mechanical components are required.
Familiarity with North American and European standards.
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time.