Title: Mechanical EngineerLocation: Spartanburg’scType: permanent Job description:
Join World leader in Rail Transit products. Client seek a mechanical engineer with 2 years proven experience in mechanical systems design. Hydraulics braking systems and hydraulics would be ideal. Job requirement
- Design, development, analysis, application, and testing of existing products, along with development of new creative designs and other technical activities.
- Responsible for plans, schedules, and coordination of assigned engineering work; monitoring work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices
- Coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Product mechanical design activities, including FEA, mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Creation of 2D and 3D device drawings and models.
- Implementation of prototypes and systems for laboratory testing, simulation, and customer acceptance.
- Training and supporting clients and field representatives.
- Investigating equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and improve designs.
- Confirmation of system and product capabilities.
- Assurance of system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Conduct and participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, documentation, and other artifacts.
- Contribute to design standards and support design reuse.
- Author technical reports, papers, articles, presentations, and patents.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong academic background involving mechanical and electrical disciplines. Mechanical applications skills are required.
- Strong CAD skills with Solid Works or equivalent 3D modeling tools.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- System analysis skills, including decision, cost, safety, reliability, and maintainability, are required.
Strong written and verbal communications skills related to technical issues
Should someone need more information I can be reached at email@example.com or 203-567-0144.
Thank you for your time.