Title: Data Analyst
Location: either San Francisco or Charlotte, NC
Duration: 12-18 months
Duties & Responsibilities:
· The Candidate Must be responsible for key aspects of outbound email marketing and inbound online marketing offer campaigns in collaboration with Marketing Managers, Lines of Business, Analytics teams and the execution teams.
· Strategizing with business partners on email and online marketing offer campaign concepts
· Gathering and finalizing detailed requirements of campaigns
· Enabling campaign developers to build and validate logic to meet business intent
· Assessing campaign performance and delivering insightful recommendations to partners
· Utilizing analytical skills and interpreting data to assess individual campaign effectiveness across all channels and make recommendations where appropriate.
Key activities of this position:
1. Campaign Design & Requirements (60%)
· Consult with marketing staff to strategize and define marketing campaign requirements and scope
· Translate marketing campaign requirements into campaign targeting/selection rules that are handed-off to campaign list developers
· Determine/select data sources required to meet campaign requirements
· Provide high level campaign sizing based on requirements
2. Campaign Quality Assurance (20%)
· Provide consultative support to the execution teams to ensure requirements are clearly reflected in campaign list selection logic
· Receive and QA any external data files (e.g. line of business files)
· Validate & QA campaign list selection logic, offers and dynamic output - confirming the development output meets final campaign requirements
3. Campaign Analysis (20%)
· Validate campaigns are launched with expected quantities and response data is being tracked appropriately
· Provide post-launch campaign reports providing success metrics, test comparisons, insights and recommendations
· Collaborate on communicating campaign lessons learned and recommended actions to marketing managers and partners
· Optimize online marketing offer campaigns
· 5+ years marketing analytics, data mining and modeling experience.
· 6+ years related analytical database marketing experience, including email and/or online marketing working experience.
· 2+ years’ experience working with an automated Campaign Management targeting applications (e.g. IBM Unica Campaign, Infor Interaction Advisor).
· 3+ years’ experience working with large, complex data warehouses/data marts.
· Proven campaign management experience working with marketing professionals to define targeting strategies that drive results.
· Past experience with using business intelligence tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, Google Web Analytics) to identify marketing insights and formulate recommendations.
· Ability to translate between the business and technical teams.
· Strong analytical skills; utilizing and interpreting data and analytics to quantify and improve marketing results.
· Relationship management skills with the ability to build strong trusted relationships with business partners.
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment that values results.
· Self-motivated and can work independently with limited guidance.
· Advanced SQL programming experience with manipulating complex data.
· Proven effective verbal/written communication skills.
· Demonstrated effective presentation skills to communicate to audiences at multiple levels.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience working in a Teradata data warehouse environment.
· Experience executing outbound and/or inbound marketing campaigns.
· Quick learner that can jump in and learn processes and data in a timely manner.
· Strong collaboration and partnering skills with all levels of the organization.
· Previous Financial Services and/or Internet industry experience.
· Experience using advanced Excel features (e.g. pivot tables, charts).
· BA/BS or equivalent experience.