Location: Reston, VA
Analyze, design or develop computer applications and systems from existing systems, user needs and specifications, and software design constraints and software capabilities. Use structured methodology to define needs, develop and document technical requirements, and define coding specifications. May work with off-the shelf application software, proprietary application, or enterprise software which is being modified or customized for a particular report or analytic purpose. Bring to bear both knowledge of computer systems, capabilities and limitations and the business needs of client.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Work with application production support, developers and infrastructure teams to identify or refine technical requirements applications and IT infrastructure.
• Document requirements for enhancements.
• Review and/or contribute content to requirements, design, or test documentation.
• Perform data analysis at various stages of project. Analysis can include requirements development, testing, or user acceptance.
• Contribute to test plans, and evaluate test results to ensure application functionality after hardware migration.
• Assist project manager in task identification, resource allocations and schedule estimates for staff on assigned project in order to help keep project resourced appropriately and on track.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• 5-7 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• 5-7 years of experience production support of applications and technology infrastructure in a 24/7 production environment
• 3+ years of experience with IT infrastructure re-hosting or data center migration projects, with specific expertise managing application/infrastructure impact and coordination.