Unix/Linux focused Partner with Business and Technology to prioritize and meet technology commitments, leveraging technology service models (such as managed services, shared services, center of excellence (COE) services, infrastructure services).
Leverage expert knowledge in responsible area(s) to support technology and operational delivery.
Functional responsibilities may include service level and quality management, demand assessment, capacity management, issue management, product/program management, financial management.
Key Job Functions Leverage expert knowledge in responsible area(s) to partner with the business to prioritize technology needs and meet commitments related to responsible service(s). Ensure alignment with corporate guidelines.
Consult with stakeholders and to assess and characterize current processes.
Drive ongoing productivity improvement and innovation in partnership with stakeholders.
Anticipate internal/external business issues to align operational priorities and tactics.
Recommend, implement and measure the effectiveness of service models, leveraged as solutions to meeting business needs.
Service models include managed services, shared services, COE services, infrastructure services.
In support of a culture of operational and service excellence and to drive increased efficiency and effectiveness of responsible service line(s), recommend and implement best practice procedures for the on-going management of technology services.
Assess quality of delivery and time commitments.
Recommend strategies for improvement, including continuous improvements and leading best practices programs.
Perform resource requirement planning for assigned service lines(s). May support vendor resources and resource planning. Identify and resolve issues related to the performance of the services and/or deviations from defined scope of work. Formulate and implement corrective actions. Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions
Job Function Descriptor :
Generally functions in a lead role by providing technical guidance and direction to colleagues/clients in area(s) of expertise.
Develops solutions and resolves the most complex issues, as necessary.
Uses Knowledge of specialty areas and full knowledge of related disciplines.
Work is typically performed without direction.
Education Required Preferred Level
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Area of Study Business or Information Technology Certifications
6 - 8 years of related experience
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
Provides day-to-day vendor oversight for technical support of Windows/Unix/Linux systems software and hardware.
• Provides effective customer service in a 24X7X365 production environment
• Utilizes soft skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve client issues and questions.
• Asks probing questions to gather relevant information on routine and complex calls.
• Uses effective listening skills to develop an understanding of client questions or issues.
• Monitor and report on Installs, configuration and troubleshooting of data center platforms and infrastructure.
• Ensure vendor documents, tracks and monitors client incidents in ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution.
• Prioritizes and escalates support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines.
• Ensure vendor compliance with policies as they relate to maintaining passwords, data integrity and file system security for the server environment.
• Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
• Recommends solutions for service improvement
• May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
• Other related duties are assigned as needed.