Salary:$75,000 - $100,000
This position requires the problem solving and technical skills necessary to design, implement, and improve manufacturing processes for precision machined parts and assemblies.
Our company utilizes multiple spindle screw machines, CNC machines, as well as high production mills and drills for secondary operations. This machinery is mechanically complex and performs numerous metal cutting operations simultaneously. Steel, brass, aluminum, and stainless steel bar stock is machined into various part configurations on a high production basis.
This position will work closely with the operations manager and company president to evaluate customer part drawings for quoting orders, create and maintain internal part drawings, evaluate and implement method of manufacture taking into consideration job size, difficulty, and company machinery, design tooling and setup procedures necessary for multi-spindle screw machines, CNC, and secondary operations, and other engineering projects as assigned.
The manufacturing engineer will also work directly with machine operators and shop personnel to troubleshoot and solve setup and run performance issues, as well as work to improve processes and efficiency of the shop overall. It will be imperative to have strong problem solving skills, as well as the ability to take lessons learned from each setup and/or run and revise setup instructions and part drawings so that future runs of same or similar parts will be improved.
- Background and/or education in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial or similar engineering field.
- Experience with Screw Machines a major benefit, but not required. Applicants must be familiar with metal turning and machining concepts, either through work experience or education.
- Applicants should possess a high degree of mechanical aptitude and be strongly self-motivated.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Excel, experience with PartMaker and/or database systems a plus.
- Must have demonstrable problem solving skills, as well as ability to anticipate and prevent potential problems.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects.
- Familiarity with quality standards such as SPC, Control Plan and FMEA, PPAP, etc. a plus.