Project ManagerSalary:$80,000 - $100,000
Our client is a fully integrated provider of design, supply chain management and strategic sourcing services to the Medical Device industry. They are a recognized market leader, a fast-growing outsource manufacturing and design solution company specializing in high growth areas such as Cardiology, Endoscopy and Orthopedics. The top Medical Device companies partner with them to provide innovation, advanced technology, speed to market, low cost labor and strategic sourcing.
About the Opportunity:
Under minimal direction, The Project Manager performs work of considerable difficulty in advanced engineering focused on program responsibility. This involves the application of considerable professional engineering knowledge and skills to direct major engineering project as an ongoing program function.
- Plans, executes and manages program activities utilizing cross functional teams within a matrix organization.
- Translate customer inputs into the definition of scope, budget and resource requirements for engineering programs resulting in the delivery of a program proposal.
- Coordinate and assemble project teams, manage program budgets, ensure program milestones and deliverables are achieved through the management of the triple constraints of time, cost and scope.
- Manage programs across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Manage new product development introduction, manufacturing transfers, continuous improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Develop customer relationships to help foster effective communication, establish program expectation and minimize program risks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of external customer, suppliers and internal stakeholders including senior management.
- Identify program risks and develop risk mitigation strategies to maintain program expectations.
- Identify, create and communicate change of scope requests to program stakeholders.
- Instill leadership principles and accountability within projects teams.
- Foster open communication within the project teams to ensure barriers to program success are removed.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years experience (engineering, manufacturing, project management).
- Medical device manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to follow and develop both Quality and Regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record of proactively managing risk to achieve business and customer objectives.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial planning techniques. Proficient in understanding and reporting financial program status as well as managing the details related to the financial status within the program.
- Excellent communication skills, strong customer relationships, leadership skills and team building competencies. Must be able to distill complex technical content into brief, concise and understandable language when communicating status to management and the customer.
- Demonstrated leadership - mentoring of junior staff, motivation of diverse, cross functional teams.
- The ability to work with all levels of staff through all company business units.
- Excellent problem solving skills are required .
- Up to 25% travel.
- Ability to work to a deadline and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.