Process Engineer - MachiningSalary:$80,000 - $100,000
The Process Engineer, Grinding & Machining
, will provide hands on Engineering support for Operations, New Product Development (NPD) and Quality. This role will focus on technologies related to grinding and machining processes used in the medical device industry such as centerless grinding, profile grinding, milling, broaching, etc
- Identify, plan and execute process development and process improvement projects within Operations to ensure that our products meet customer and regulatory requirements with a high degree of capability.
- Identify, plan, and execute lean, yield and/or cost improvement projects in support of partnerships with customers to deliver cost savings, improve delivery/reduce cycle times, or improve product quality.
- Identify, plan, and execute capital projects in support of new capabilities, increased capacity/through-put and ergonomic improvements
- Serve on cross-functional teams as a technical contributor. Ensure timely and proactive communication of technical barriers and/or requirements to enable team success.
- Follow and develop Quality and Regulatory requirements including policies, procedures, and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Develop and Execute Process and Test Method Validations (IQ, OQ, PQ, PPQ) in accordance with procedures and guidelines
- Communicate ideas, information, and recommendations clearly, effectively and frequently (oral and written) with outside suppliers or partners and with customers during formal and informal interactions.
- Prepare or review documentation with a high degree of accuracy, completeness, and effectiveness using common engineering tools & templates where available. (Examples include specifications, manufacturing procedures, ECOs, and technical reports or analyses)
- May also be responsible for costing, quoting and configuration.
- Use structured problem solving techniques and statistical methods for data driven analysis and decisions.
- Applies DMAIC – Six Sigma approaches to solve issues and reduce variation in all manufacturing and business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Consideration will be given for candidates with commensurate experience and expertise.
- Experience and demonstrated expertise in the use of grinding and machining technology for medical device or similar manufacturing
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Exhibits the values (Customer focus, Continuous Improvement, Performance, Accountability, Teamwork and Integrity) in all activities.
- Demonstrates leadership through mentoring of junior staff and responsiveness to business needs to achieve positive results
- Demonstrates technical ability through the application of engineering skills, approaches and knowledge.
- Performs all duties and directs others creating a safe working environment for our employees and our communities.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate deep technical material.
- Ability to work in a demanding user environment.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force