Programming EngineerSalary:$70,000 - $75,000
This position provides all programming, fixturing, tooling, and process optimization support for all CNC machinery and manual equipment within the facility. Provides necessary support to all production machine operators and operations management where necessary.
Using CAM software, develops multi-functional, multi-axis code to program machinery and ensures that all programs are debugged and functional for efficient operator use. Documents and establishes standards for new products, adjusts and corrects existing programs to incorporate engineering changes, delivery improvements, and/or cost reductions. Initiates and at times participates in the resolution of internal and external corrective and preventive actions. Relies heavily on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works under minimal supervision. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Translates and converts print dimensional specification to CNC code to ensure optimal product quality and performance, utilizing CAM software.
- Identifies tooling requirements, both perishable and non-perishable, indexing sequences, speeds and feeds to conform to prescribed engineering data and industry standards.
- Together with the machine operator, proves out new or modified CNC programs and first article support.
- Develops and supports all new and existing fixturing and tooling. Identifies cost reduction strategies, by working closely with machine operators, quality personnel, and external suppliers to reduce scrap and waste.
- Prepares tooling and layout sheets for machine operators to setup jobs.
- Develops standards and optimizes machine processes to eliminate waste in all areas of the process.
- Assists in new product quotes, machine validations, and creation of control plans.
- Participates in MRB reviews to determine root cause analysis, corrective and preventative action, modifying tooling, fixturing, programs or documentation as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM for designing and manufacturing
- Experienced blue print reader and GD&T knowledge
- Experience in the area of manufacturing operations with emphasis in the area of multi-axis milling, turning, Swiss turning, and EDM
- Knowledge of lean/six-sigma manufacturing concepts
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Driven to resolve problems systematically and methodically
- Teamwork oriented
- 2 –year technical degree or series of programming/engineering classes in the field of programming, engineering, or manufacturing operations required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a CNC programmer/engineer in a machine shop environment required.
- Ability to write in G and M code required.
- Hands on experience in waste reduction utilizing lean concepts preferred.
- Medical industry background preferred.