|CSC is a global powerhouse in business and technology transformation. Our people are passionate about helping businesses solve complex business challenges through technology. With a 50+ year legacy of innovation, our technology independence allows CSC to offer flexible and unique solutions to help clients optimize technology. We help clients capitalize on trends and anticipate what|
's ahead because market shifts and technology trends demand fresh thinking.
We seek a junior applications developer with experience in web applications development for the intelligence community in Richmond, VA. This person will collaborate and participate in design and development work for well-established investigative and intelligence clients. Within a team of software developers, creatively analyze and design solutions to optimize existing functionality or create new functionality. Web application developer thinking outside the box is encouraged and rewarded.
Experience in the areas of:
* Design and implement HTML pages
* Design and implement DBMS table structures
* Analyze user requirements and technical documentation
* Oracle DBMS skills
* Work Agile development processes
Essential Job Functions
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents basic programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Assists in the research and analysis of existing systems and program requirements; assists in preparing documentation to change existing programs. Performs data analysis to support internal and external project needs.
- Designs basic programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists in resolving routine production support problems.
- Assists in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results. Develops screen tests and debugging problems. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Creates basic documentation in work assignments such as program code.
- Conducts routine quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.