Title: Datawarehouse Systems Analyst
Location: Southfield, MI
Duration: 8 months
Responsible for planning, developing, testing and implementing IT system solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity as well as support business strategies and goals. They identify and communicate business needs and translate business requirements into technical system and functional specifications. Systems Analysts determine if internal or external solutions exist or whether new solutions are feasible. They map process flows and must determine if these solutions impact existing work processes and systems as well as ensure proper integration, testing, and system/user documentation. They are also responsible for providing input surrounding buy vs. build decisions for possible IT system solutions.
Systems Analysts must have a working knowledge of the business area that they support. They need a solid understanding of the client's existing business processes, the key drivers and measures of success and the short- and long-term direction of their business and technology. In addition, a strong understanding of the customer's overall IT architecture is also required in order to understand the issues and implications of proposed system and hardware solutions.
- Supports one or more highly complex or critical business processes/systems and may require design or integration of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business.
- Project team member for projects large in scope and high complexity.
- Projects may be enterprise-wide.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- 5 years of relevant technical and work experience required.
- Excellent analytical, technical, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, systems requirements and IT processes required.