Title: BI Reporting Manager(IT Consultant Associate BI))
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12 months+
We are currently seeking an IT Consultant with experience in managing the report development team. The ideal individual will have 10+ years of industry experience, obtained a degree, and be responsible for successful technical delivery of Reporting Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence projects using a formal project management methodology. They will also have experience with business support, health care industry, enterprise architecture, BI governance, business analytics, deep data analysis, IBM Cognos, Web Focus, SAS or other leading BI technologies.
· This resource may have technical personnel reporting to them.
· Typically manages multiple, highly technical projects of small to moderate size and risk concurrently. Oversees the full lifecycle system development process.
· Develops detailed plans and schedules, including goals, risks, and resource allocation.
· Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule.
· Assists in establishing and improving project management methodologies, procedures and policies.
· Provide high level and detailed estimate for projects
· Adheres to Project Management Office policies, procedures, and methodologies.
· Coaches and mentors individuals on the project teams and provides feedback on performance to their leaders.
· Supervising and/or assisting the continuous enhancement and support of existing Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence solutions
· Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Track record of success in a fast-paced development environment
Top Three Skills/Experience
1. Cognos Business Intelligence suite (5-7 Years)
2. Strong written and verbal communication (5-7 Years)
3. Leadership experience in managing multiple development teams & projects (3-5)
· Minimum eight (8) years related Data Warehouse, Information Management experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to read and interpret documents including process, procedure, and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Experience in one or more of major BI Reporting tools such as Business Objects, SAP BW, Hyperion, SAS and their administration
· Experience in one or more of major metadata tools and their administration
· Experience in one or more of major data modeling tools such as Erwin, Data Architect, Oracle Designer and their administration
· Experience in one or more of major ETL tools such as Informatica, Datastage, SAS and their administration
· MUST HAVE exceptional SQL capabilities using SQL Developer or Toad.
· Has Ability to provide subject matter expertise on any subject of Cognos development
· Experience with resource groups and load balancing
· Experience with deploying Cognos in a distributed Red Hat Linux or Solaris UNIX environment
· Has experience with Cognos upgrade from Cognos 8.3/8.4 to Cognos 10/10.1/10.1.1/10.2
· Has extensive experience in Cognos 10.X
· Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards.
· Has wide latitude in determining creative solutions to strategic and operational needs.
· Working independently within guidelines, responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing application and system implementation projects using a formal project management methodology.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
· MUST HAVE strong documentation skills using PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
· Must be able to diagnose and solve the problems as well as guiding with best practices of trouble shooting methods
· Must be able present diagnostic, troubleshooting steps and conclusions to a varied audience